Alfalfa Meal is recommended as a feed product but has the properties of a fertilizer as well.
- Alfalfa meal is a soil amendment that many believe invigorates the biological activity in the soil.
- Alfalfa is a protein feed for livestock and offers the same benefit to organisms in the soil.
- It contains ~17 percent crude protein, which translates into 2.75 percent nitrogen.
- Alfalfa meal also contains fiber and other substrates that feed populations of soil organisms.
- Average application rates are usually ~10#/1000ft2.
- Alfalfa is registered as a feed, and fertilizer, but is rated ~3-2-2.
- Satisfies the requirement for no animal products in fertilizer requested by the Vegan community
- Alfalfa is very high in vitamins, plus N-P-K-Ca, Mg, and other valuable minerals. It also includes sugars, starches, proteins, fiber and 16 amino acids.
- One very important ingredient is tricontanol, a powerful plant growth regulator.
Use alfalfa meal for plant and microorganism nutrition. Alfalfa Meal can be used by orchard and rose growers as an alfalfa tea and sprayed on as a foliar feed, plowed into the soil or used as lawn fertilizer too. When tested alfalfa meal often tests around 3-2-2 as fertilizer. Our present stock of Alfalfa Meal is Certified Organic(OMRI)