Nutritionals Feed Supplements for Livestock
Try our great new All Natural-Organic Horse Shampoo - Click Here
Organic Alfalfa Meal
Available in 50lbs bags
Alfalfa Meal is recommended as a feed product but has the properties of a fertilizer as well.
- Alfalfa meal is a soil amendment that many believe invigorates the biological activity in the soil.
- Alfalfa is a protein feed for livestock and offers the same benefit to organisms in the soil.
- It contains 17 percent crude protein, which translates into 2.75 percent nitrogen.
- Alfalfa meal also contains fiber and other substrates that feed populations of soil organisms.
- Application rates are usually ~10#/1000ft2.
- GMA=Alfalfa is registered as a feed, not a fertilizer, but is rated ~3-2-2.
- Satifies the requirement for no animal products in fertilizer requested by the Vegan community
40 bags per pallet - Call for Wholesale Price 802-385-1064
Centuries ago, the Arabs used nutrient-rich alfalfa as feed for their horses, because they claimed that it made the animals swift and strong. They eventually became so convinced of its benefits to their own health that they named the grass Al-Fal-Fa, which means "Father of Foods".
AZOMITE® for Livestock
Use for Dairy, Beef, Swine, Sheep, Horses, and Poultry including broilers, layers and turkeys. For livestock on a prepared feed diet, we generally recommend adding AZOMITE® at 1/2% (10 pounds per ton) of the total feed mix. A maximum of 2% (40 pounds per ton) may be added in accordance with good feed manufacturing or feeding practices. We recommend adding 2-4 ounces of AZOMITE® to the daily rations of horses and dairy cows.
Approved for Organic Applications
AZOMITE is approved for organic plant and livestock production by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) and it is approved in the U.S. National Organic Program under sections 205.203(d) for plants, and 205.237(a) for livestock.
A series of research studies have been completed which serve to confirm that AZOMITE® is safe. Although there are a few natural contaminates, they all fall safely within the guidelines established by the American Feed Control Officials
Label - Natural Trace Mineral Fertilizer
- 0-0-0.2 Guaranteed Analysis
- Soluble Potash(K2O): 0.2%
- Calcium (Ca): 1.8%
- Magnesium (Mg): 0.5%
- Chlorine (Cl): 0.1%
- Cobalt (Co): 0.002%
- Sodium (Na): 0.1%
Label - Feed Ingredient
Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate - Anticaking Agent - In compliance with CFR 582.2729, to be used as an animal feed ingredient at a level not exceeding 2% of the feed mixture in accordance with good feed mixing and manufacturing practices.
Peak Mineral-Azomite, Inc. does claim AZOMITE® is effective both as a fertilizer providing trace elements and as an Anticaking agent in the manufacture of feed. Background, typical element analysis, research summaries, and the other information set forth herein is presented to provide some technical background and product information to the scientist or potential distributor. None of that information should be misconstrued as claims that AZOMITE® may be effective in any manner other than as stated in the paragraph above.
A hydrated sodium calcium aluminosilicate ground rock with other essential trace elements.
100% natural volcanic rock ground to a fine powder.
It can be used as a feed supplement in poultry and used as a fertilizer.
Feed Grade: It's said to improve immune system function in poultry, thus lessening the need for antibiotics. 2% of ration or less.
In plants, it is said to help produce larger root systems, bigger plants, more trace minerals in the produce itself and blight avoidance and/or reversal.
Ag Grade: Application rate is 1-2 lbs./10 ft2 or 1-600lbs./acre
Perma-Guard Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is totally organic and safe.
Azomite contains less than 1% percent of Crystal & Silicon. Some of the uses for Diatomaceous Earth include; household pets, gardens, flower beds, field crops, grain storage, and livestock feeding. Diatomaceous Earth is Mother Nature's product with no harm to the environment, pets or to people. Diatomaceous Earth is not an earth, it is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one celled plants called DIATOMS. Diatomaceous Earth kills by physical action, not chemical, by puncturing the insect’s exoskeleton and absorbing its body fluids, thus posing no harm to warm-blooded life. Moreover, on any surface, these natural pesticide products have a remarkable repellency factor. As long as it is present, insects tend to stay away, making a serious infestation unlikely. Also, the more it is used, the more an environment is created that tends to make insects feel unwelcome.
These products are sold as food and feed grade only and come labeled as such.
Fossil Shell FlourTM/Diatomaceous Earth - (Feed/Food Grade)-pricing.
If you need this product super fast, please mention this in your comments during check out or choose an expedited shipping service. If you live in New England, UPS Ground shipping is already 1 or 2 days after the package leaves here. Call for expedited service.
1 - 50lbs
2 - 50lbs
4 - 50lbs
1/2 Pallet and pallet orders welcome. 36-50lbs bags/pallet
- Completely safe and nontoxic
- Stimulates basic metabolism
- Converts feed better
- Reduces odor and moisture in barns and stalls
- Results in better coat and/or hoof condition
- Cost effective
- Reduces annual vet bills
- Reduces overall animal stress
- Reduces flies and pests in pens and barns
Suggested feeding instructions:
Add 2% of the weight of the feed rations. It doesn't have to be exact. More will not be harmful, but less may not give you the results expected.
Kelp Meal (feed grade)
50 lbs bags
Analysis of Dry Kelp Feed Grade Aseophyllum Nodosum
Specs Provided By A.M.P.I.(Canada)
Moisture Content 12.93+or-0.27%
Copper ( ppm ) 3.00
Mineral Coateat 16.75+or-0.51%
Iron ( ppm ) 102.26
Oil Content 5.46+or-0.25%
Crude Protein 5.93+or-0.19%
VitaminE (mgl00g) 6.40
Alginic Acid ~14.0%
VitaminA (IU/100g) +10
Total Nitrogen 1%
Ascorbic Acid 10.70(mg/100g )
Phosphoric Acid 1%
Cyanocbaiamin B12 0.02 (mg/kg)
Soluble Potash 4%
Pyridoxine B6 +0.03(mg/100g)
Crude Fibre 3.70%
Niacin B3 (mg/kg) 8.40
Riboflavin B2 0.04(mg/100g)
Thiamine B1 0.06(mg/100g)
Iodine (mg/kg) 730.00
Chromium (ppm) 1.49
Zinc (ppm) 35.40
These are minimum specifications. Some variations between batches and brands may occur.
Kelp as a Supplement
Kelp Meal is an animal feed supplement made from the seaplant Ascophyllum nodosom. It's harvested from the cold, clean waters of the Maine coast. The live plant is quickly dried at a low temperature to preserve its valuable vitamins, minerals, trace elements, amino acids, and alginates. SeaLife is a naturally balanced supplement containing over 100 micronutrients. It fulfills the requirements in animals for trace elements that are often lacking in land-grown feeds and pastures (due to erosion or leaching), and standard mineral mixes.
Kelp is a rich and dependable source of 60 minerals and elements including iodine, 21 amino acids, and 12 vitamins (including A, C, B12, thiamin, and vitamin E or tocopherol). Because the minerals are in plant tissue they are easily digested and assimilated. Many of the trace minerals contained in SeaLife are essential for producing enzymes which in turn promote healthy body functions.
At the recommended feeding rates Kelp is highly economical to use one to two percent of the feed ration translates to pennies per day. Our processing techniques and packaging help to maintain product integrity over time.
40bags per pallet-Call for pricing
Feed Grade Kelp Works as a fertilizer too.
50 lbs. Bags
Feed Grade Kelp
Espoma Kelp 4lbs
Labeled as fertilizerr
Benefits to all livestock when feeding Kelp Meal:
- Enhancement of the immune system
- Increased feed efficiency
- Encouragement of regular heat cycles
- Improved conception rates and increased number of healthy births
- Decreased birth related complications
- Reduced incidence of mastitis, retained placenta, abortions and infertility
- Milk fever can generally be avoided
- Increased milk yield, extends lactation periods
- Combats molds in feed and helps to detoxify the body after exposure to moldy feeds
For Beef Cattle, Horses, Swine, Sheep, Goats, Poultry
- Improves feed utilization
- Excellent source of iodine which helps regulate metabolism
- Improves overall production (e.g., milk, weight gain)
- Reduces or eliminates breeding problems
- Reduces internal parasites in pigs
- Reduces the incidence of white muscle disease in lambs
- Prevents wool shedding and increases wool quality in sheep Dairy Cows
- Increases milk butterfat levels with fewer fluctuations
- Increases iodine content in milk
- Reduces the incidence of mastitis
- Significantly reduces milk fever
- Reduces or eliminates breeding problems (e.g., reduces the number of services required for conception, increases the rate of conception)
Enhances the flexibility and sheen of the skin and coat in dogs, cats, and horses and is a good measure of overall health
- Recommended feeding rates are generally 1 to 2 percent of the feed ration or 40 to 50 pounds of Kelp to 1 ton of feed.
- Dairy Cows and Beef Cattle: 2 - 4 oz. per day
- Heifers: 2 - 4 oz. per day
- Calves: 1 ñ 2 oz. per day
- Range Cattle: free choice at two parts meal to one part salt mix
- Horses: 1/2 to 2 oz. per day
Kelp contains high levels of natural iodine, which horses may be sensitive too.
Proceed with care when feeding kelp to horses.
- Goats: 2% of ration
- Sheep: 2% of ration
- Swine: Free choice or 50 lbs to 2000 lbs of complete ration
- Chickens, broilers or layers: 1% of total feed pre-mixed
- Turkeys: 1 to 2% of total feed pre-mixed
- Dogs (standard size): 1 teaspoon per day
- Cats: 1/4 teaspoon per day